Upload an attachment in a form?

Angelica Baez January 20, 2023

Hi, 

I am creating a form and I would like to include a field where employees can add attachments. 

I see the field but when i try to fill out the form ( i am not able to add any type of attachment) 

Could you please help me?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Angelica Baez !

As an alternative, I suggest you try out the Smart Jira Forms add-on, that was developed by the SaaSJet team.

One of the available form fields is Attachments, which provides the form assignee with the ability to upload multiple files to your form.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 202926.png

0 votes
Barnali Putatunda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2023

Hi Angelica,

Firstly let me share how you can add attachment option in JSM form.

If you are using a next-gen project, go to Project settings > Request types > Click on the desired request type and drag and drop the attachment field to "Customer request form" > Save.

If you are using a classic project, go to Project settings > Request types > Click on "Edit fields" for the desired request type > Click on "Request form" tab > Add field > Select the field "Attachment" > Apply.

After that, the field should be visible for customers to add attachments to the tickets.

As you mentioned you can see the field, so I assume you already did the above steps correctly.

If you / user cannot add attachments after that, it could be some issue with your project permission scheme. Please check if the user has Create attachment permission in the project or not.

I hope it helps!

Regards,
Barnali

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events