Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Issue's transition to "Pending", if crosses "Due Date" at 12:30 AM daily

Jimmy Trivedi October 28, 2022

So basically, I if the issue is overdue I want to change issue-status to pending., but change transition or change status option is not coming, and I don't know jql. But it is possible using advance option through JQL. Please help and check the attachment.Automation.pngworkflow.png

I know I added "Sprint" [for Temporary purpose], but there it should be change status, but that option is not coming.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

@Jimmy Trivedi -

In your WF, can you check to make sure that there is transition established to the Pending status from the appropriate statuses.  This has to be configured, otherwise your automation rule will not work properly.

Let me know of your findings.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Jimmy Trivedi October 28, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm 100% sure that my flow and transitions are working fine. I think you've not understood my question properly. I haven't properly set the automation rule according to my expectation, so it will not work at all. Because I don't know how to set that.

What I want is, let's say There is one issue, with title having "Pay electricity bill on 1st of every month" and for this particular issue, I set due date as 01-Nov-2022. Now today date is 28-Oct-2022. And the current status of this issue is "TODO" now, let's say after 4 day [29,30,31,01], if I'll not make any change,then on the 02-Nov-2022, the status should transit to "Pending". Why because this issue crossed due date, which we set as 01-Nov-2022, and that day is 02-Nov-2022.

Also please refer to this workflow, this is how I've designed, and it is working fine. I'm using this WF from last one year on a daily basis.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

@Jimmy Trivedi -

Thanks for your update.  you need to use Transition Issue action to move the issue in your automation rule design.  Example -

2022-10-28_11-27-28.png

You will need to establish your condition in your rule first (i.e. JQL which can identify the issue to be transition with the specific current issue status).  The reason why I asked previously on ensuring your WF's transitions are all established or not was because if the transitions are not already setup between statuses. and the targeted issue's status cannot be transition into, then the automation rule will error out.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Like Jimmy Trivedi likes this
Jimmy Trivedi October 29, 2022

Thanks it is working fine.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2022

Hello @Jimmy Trivedi 

To change the status of an issue in an Automation Rule you need to use the Transition Issue action rather than the Edit Issue action.

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 10.57.54 AM.png

Jimmy Trivedi October 29, 2022

Thanks for the answer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events