Update Issue Status in another project with Automation - HELP!

Bentsion Berg December 15, 2021

Hi!

I am trying to set automation that when the status of an issue in one project changes, that it should update to the same status in another project. I have followed the instructions that I have found in this forum and it is not working. The rule runs and reports success but it does not do what it is supposed to do - it appears as if it is skipping a condition or I have the wrong understanding. I would appreciate any insight. Below is the rule I have set up.

1. When: Issue Transitioned - THIS WORKS

2. If: Issue matched JQL : project = source_project and status in ("in progress", done)

3. AND: Linked issues match Types: clonesMatch: project = destination_project

4. THEN: Transition the issue to "COPY FROM TRIGGER ISSUE" - It is updating the source issue that I changed manually and not the destination project. It looks like the "AND" condition is not bringing back the results from the destination project so the THEN is updating the SOURCE project. How do I get the destination project status to update?

NOTE: I am using the same workflow in both projects.

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Hi Bentsion,

Without seeing a screenshot of the rule, I believe this (1) needs to be a multiple project scope and (2) there should be a branch component to take action on the linked issue(s).

Bentsion Berg December 17, 2021

Thanks Mark.

While doing more research, I tried adding the branch component and then it worked.

I had already set the scope to multiple projects.

-Ben

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hi @Bentsion Berg

Welcome to the community!

You need to set the automation from the global adminsitration and set to apply to mulitpe projects. Here are the details: https://blog.codebarrel.io/automation-rules-can-now-be-restricted-to-run-in-multiple-projects-910594bee2f0 

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events