Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Importer Update

Joey Bautista March 8, 2024

We got a notice in our cloud instance that Atlassian will be rolling out a change in June that will prevent anyone who isn't an org/site admin from using the bulk importer. This is a wildly disruptive change and essentially destroys the reason we moved to JIRA (we have multiple project owners who need to bulk upload but they shouldn't be org/site admins).

Does anyone know if there will be an option to continue to let standard users to bulk import? Can we opt-out of this "improvement"? 

3 answers

2 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

Hi All,

New update: With the ticket i raised with Atlassian support, this is what they said:

"I have checked internally and I can confirm that the roll out of the depreciation has been postponed till September 2024 until the team will find an alternative for importing CSV files in Jira for non-admins and the notification of this enrolment should soon disappear

So far the CSV Import feature is still available to everyone and on the future you will be notified with the new alternative for importing CSV files in Jira for non-admins."

Phew!!! 

0 votes
Ethan Vaughan April 16, 2024

People in my corpo are also freaked out about this change.

Will this change only change the csv importer? Will who can use the Bulk Edit function still be available to all? There's some confusion about what this update actually changes and who will be affected.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi Joey,

Can you share the notice you received?

Akeem Williams March 11, 2024

I saw this message as well and this is what I see:

We're improving the import experience

Starting April 2024, we're rolling out an improved importer experience for Site and Org admins. It'll be available to all Site and Org admins by June 30th 2024.

Until then, everyone can continue using the current importer tool. After June, only Site and Org admins will be able to import data.

To move data, you can still use:

I also want to be able to opt-out of this improvement as it would be wildly disruptive to my organization. I've added feedback around this here as well:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-644

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2024

Thanks for sharing! I have not seen that notice yet. 

Joey Bautista March 26, 2024

Yes, the one Akeem posted is the same I got.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2024

I am hearing that this will be pushed out until September and that there will probably not be a restriction to just admins. 

Like Joey Bautista likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events