Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to verify sending email domain via DNS

Edited

Hello,
I've added my domain to https://admin.atlassian.com/o/{organizationId}/emails > Email domains and added all DNS records shown there. For now all DNS records are green except last TXT record which is shown as red:

TXT atlassian-sending-domain-verification={guid}

If we2022-01-14_14-20-42.jpg

When we hover mouse pointer over red circle the following message is shown:

"The value for this TXT record is missing from your domain provider"

However this record is added to DNS of my domain and I can see it e.g. in https://dnslookup.online/txt.html (Name field shown there is set to domain name. I.e. exactly how it is shown in Atlassian):

2022-01-14_14-22-30.jpg

But still when I click Run DNS record check this TXT record validation fails and I get email "We're unable to confirm a match".

Any ideas what can be wrong?

PS. Note that another TXT record for SPF is also added to DNS and shown as green in Atlassian. So problem is only with this last TXT verification record.

PPS. Before that I also added general domain verification (which is used for managing users accounts in organization, i.e. not for emails sending) using another TXT record:

TXT atlassian-domain-verification={id}

and this record is still there. Can it be related somehow?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jan 18, 2022

Hi @Storeolis Admin 

Sorry for the inconvenience here.  I found that your domain was in a group of those that were affected by a service failure:

We have identified a temporary failure on our email service providers side where attempts to create new domains between 23:00:00 AEST January 12th to 03:30:00 AEST January 14th failed to create the Bounce CNAME record. We have applied a fix on our end to mitigate the issue. Please refresh the DNS check in the UI and report back if you are still experiencing any issues.

Try these steps and let us know if this is resolved.

Andy

Andy Heinzer thank you a lot! I re-added domain and TXT record and now validation has passed! :)

2022-01-19_10-38-55.jpg

That worked for me as well.

Thank you for the fix.

2 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jan 15, 2022

@Storeolis Admin 

My guess is something is just off on what was added.  Make sure there are no spaces or wrong characters.  I would suggest removing it and adding it again and seeing if that works.

thank you for reply Brant. I tried to re-add domain and TXT record many times. In order to ensure that there are no extra symbols I tried to copy value from DNS records window's output html (not only by using Copy button from there) and verified that there are no hidden characters in Notepad++ with "Show all symbols" option checked. No luck still. I'm but out of ideas what may go wrong.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jan 16, 2022

@Storeolis Admin let me escalate to Atlassian since you are on a free plan and see if they can take a look at it.

Like Storeolis Admin likes this

Thank you Brant, will wait for their reply. There is similar issue created week ago by another user: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/DNS-records-error-preventing-email-domain-validation/qaq-p/1906632. So there is a chance that something got broken in sending domain verification algorithm.

Hello,

I've got the absolute same issue, the last TXT record fails. And sometimes, when I retry a DNS check, all of them fail.

I've tried recreating the domain many times with no chance (of course I recreated the new TXT record each time).

Like Storeolis Admin likes this

Loic Le Cardinal, I also sometimes see that all records are red. But when I re-add domain all except last records become green again (last TXT is still red after that). Looks like there is issue with sending domain verification on Jira side.

Like Loic Le Cardinal likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,538 views 20 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you