Unable to show attachments - After upgrade

SysOp February 12, 2021

We just upgraded our local server edition of Jira from 8.14.0   to  8.15.0  . After this, It is not possible to view attachments ( .jpg ,  .PNG )  on most of our service desk cases. We have tried on several PC's and tried Edge, Chrome, IE .  
I did some research and tried some of the suggestions provided on the community pages. 

It might be a bug in the new version, maybe....

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

@Reza Eram

Another user is seeing this as an issue as well. There's another question in the community about it. Based on the fact that two users are seeing it in the same circumstance, I would immediately raise a support request with Atlassian about it!

SysOp February 15, 2021

Thank you, Kian. I'll keep an eye on the other case as well, as it seems to be the same error as ours.

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2021

Hi Reza,

Can you include the error produced when you try to access an attachment from the UI and tell us which upgrade method you used? It is likely that permissions on those files are wrong or the attachments are not where the app expects. Cheers!

SysOp February 15, 2021

Hi
Thank you.  I downloaded the Jira-Core_8.15.0-X64.exe  from the Atlassian homepage and ran it on the server. This is the method, I have used ( many times) in the past to upgrade. There were no error messages and such during the installation/upgrade. Afterwards, everything is in order, except the attachments in our service desk case.

Here is a screenshot :ServDesk_error.jpg

Clicking the link to the picture, give us the ""Ouch! We can't load the image."

ServDesk_error2.jpg

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2021

Hi Reza,

Can you go to Admin > System > System Information and find where the app thinks your Jira Home directory is? Compare this with the actual location of the attachments. Also, have you reviewed permissions on the attachment directory / files? Cheers!

SysOp February 16, 2021

Hi

Thank you. Following is the path in JIRA, and the actual folder structure on the server. DF, DS (Development SCRUM), IS (Infrastructure SCRUM) and SUP ( Support Desk ) are our projects in Jira. 

Jira_Error01.jpg

It seems to be correct according to the JIRA documentation. 

Furthermore, the actual files are located here :

Jira_Error02.jpg

I am a bit unsure about the permissions. I am starting the JIRA service by "NETWORK Service".  This "user" and the admin user which I used to install the program, has Full control NTFS permissions on all the JIRA folders. I have double-checked that all the permission are inherited. The permissions are like this

Jira_Error03.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events