Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove demo customers from project

Chris Lynch September 30, 2022

Hi,

When I signed up a demo project existed which we deleted, but it looks like the demo customers still exist and are available to select on our new project. I cannot however see where these "customers" can be deleted. When I go to the Setting (Cog upper right) -> User Management and only see the two admin users.

I can click on the demo users within the Customers section of the project and if I press View Profile I get a message

Looks like we’re off the beaten track

We landed here for a user that does not exist.
Head back to the directory to search for another user.

I go back and search the directory and the users do not show up.

Even stranger is that we have one actual customer setup and I get the same behaviour for them as above. Under the Project Settings -> People I can see this legimate customer.

Anyone have any details on how to remove these.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Chris Lynch,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can see all your customers if you go to admin.atlassian.com, select your organization, then go to Products > Jira Service Management. From here you can manage all JSM customers. 

Hi @Mikael Sandberg

Thanks for responding. Would you have screenshots of this?

I go to https://admin.atlassian.com, automatically loads into my org and I'm the Org Admin. I see see my Jira Service Management product, but no option to manage customers. Where should I see this?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

If you go to Products and then click on your instance under Sites and Products on the left-hand side, that will take you to Site settings, from here you should see Jira Service Management and Portal customers on the left-hand side.

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 8.38.54 AM.png

Like # people like this

Thanks,

This is what I was looking for.

Chris

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
John Cobbs November 29, 2023

Update to this issue.

There appears to be a new Jira Service Management section to control Portal-only customers. 

ServiceManagementSection.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events