Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to raise a ticket due to character limitation

Lakshmi Kumari April 24, 2023

Hi,

My customers are unable to log a ticket on service desk portal due to below error mentioned in the snapshot. Kinldy provide the steps to remove the character limitation or any other restriction so that our customers can log a detailed ticket without any restrictions.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Lakshmi Kumari and welcome to the community,

Can you please provide the screenshot?

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.02.09 PM.png

Hi Alex,

Thanks for quick review on the issue.. Please help me. My customers never had this issue before but today it is throwing restrictions on the type of characters chosen which was used earlier but didnt show any errors. My customers normally log a detailed ticket with various characters wherever needed like ", " ", ( )... 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

@Lakshmi Kumari the summary field does exactly what the title says: It sums up the problem and therefore a long text field type is applied to it (if not mistaken 255 characters in a single line). I would advise you to add to this request type the description field and let your customer write his heart out.

To do this:

• Go to your project > project settings
  • Request type > Select the Bug request type
  • Locate the "Description" field from the right pane and click it
  • Make sure to SAVE the changes
  • Go back to your portal and make sure you are seeing the description field
Like Lakshmi Kumari likes this

Wow.. It works now.. Thanks a lot Alex...:-)

I have just started learning JIRA and in case if I bump into any issues, I will post here.. Thanks a gain for being my saviour..

Have a good day :-)

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

You too @Lakshmi Kumari !

Kindly mark my answer as accepted in order to help others in the community who face the same problem as you. Many many thanx!

i just did Alex.. Thanks again...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events