Unable to install apps from ATLASSIAN MARKETPLACE

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2020

Hello, trying to install few Apps from a marketplace, but can not succeed to start a trial. 

For example https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217993/google-analytics-matomo-others?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Clicking the "Try free" button and app starting the installation process, right after uninstalls itself. 

This is how looks like an audit log: 

Audit log - Jira Service Desk.png

4 answers

2 accepted

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2020

For anyone else that might find this thread:

The problem in this case was that the Cloud site had no payment details listed for it, and there was an outstanding balance on the account. 

When this happens, all new Marketplace trial app installs will fail to install after this happens.   While you can correct this by adding payment details to your https://my.atlassian.com or https://admin.atlassian.com pages for this Cloud site, the fact that the UPM within Jira is not communicating to the end user that this is the problem is another problem.

In my view the UPM in Jira Cloud should be telling admins why this is happening.  To correct this, we have a ticket to track this behavior over in UPM-6100

I hope this helps.

Andy

Ehsan Peymani May 30, 2023

I added payment details on May 22, 2023 as we upgraded Confluence to standard plan.  Our Jira Cloud is still on free plan.

Then RTM app for Jira which is free for small teams of 10 stopped working and got uninstalled by itself. All attempts to install it led to automatic uninstall after a couple of minutes. 

There was no standing payment on our account. 

It ended up that Jira Support team did something "it looks like Requirements & Test Management got uninstalled after you reinstall it due to it was deactivated due to "suspended-payment" along with the apps below: .... We're able to successfully reactivate the apps, ..."

Those apps were free for us or I had uninstalled before trial finishes. 

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2023

@Andy Heinzer I've written up an article for our customers which goes through the various scenarios:
Error message on app install – We ran into a little trouble / It may just be a hiccup 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2020

Hi @Alexey 

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I am curious to learn if this is still a problem here.  I see that you are using a Free plan for Jira Cloud, but I tested out this particular app in my free plan Jira Cloud site and it appears to be have installed correctly for me.

I also find it odd that there appears to be an uninstall action happening almost exactly 4 minutes (+-3 seconds) after the install action, almost as if there is some kind of timeout happening here.

There were some outages of marketplace services earlier this month, but that should have been resolved days before you posted this question.  If this is still a problem I would like to investigate this further to better understand the cause here.  Try installing that app you mentioned once more https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217993/google-analytics-matomo-others?hosting=cloud&tab=support and let me know the results.

Andy

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Nope, still not working. Here is a full list of steps:

Before starting, verified that only 2 apps installed (Jira CRM Integration and JIRA Toolkit Plugin).
1. Clicking your link and then clicking yellow button 'Try free'
01.png

2. Next, selecting a hosting type (cloud)

02.png3. Selecting my project (I have only one) 

03.png4. Getting redirect to my JSD project page with a pop-over window, there clicking 'Start trial' 

04.png

5. After clicking 'Start trial' yellow button becomes inactive with a loader and i see a message to the right. And nothing happens for ~3 min. 05.png

6. After ~180 sec page turns back to its original state with a clickable button to start a free trial. 
06.png

7. If I go to Apps page at atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm there is no changes, except an extra records in a log (install + uninstall). 
10.png8. ALTERNATIVE. If I open tlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm link while step 5 is loading, I see such picture:
07.png9. After ~180 sec that long-running task disappears and I see 3 new buttons 
08.png10. If I click 'configure' or 'Free trial' a page opens in a new tab with such error. 

09.png

11. If I go back from that page with an error or refresh Apps page, then the app there no longer. Leaving another 'uninstall' record in a log. 

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

My answer with steps and pictures disappeared? i cannot see it

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

Nope, still not working. Here is a full list of steps:

Before starting, verified that only 2 apps installed (Jira CRM Integration and JIRA Toolkit Plugin).
1. Clicking your link and then clicking yellow button 'Try free'
01.png

2. Next, selecting a hosting type (cloud)

02.png3. Selecting my project (I have only one) 

03.png4. Getting redirect to my JSD project page with a pop-over window, there clicking 'Start trial' 

04.png

5. After clicking 'Start trial' yellow button becomes inactive with a loader and i see a message to the right. And nothing happens for ~3 min. 05.png

6. After ~180 sec page turns back to its original state with a clickable button to start a free trial. 
06.png

7. If I go to Apps page at atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm there is no changes, except an extra records in a log (install + uninstall). 
10.png8. ALTERNATIVE. If I open tlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm link while step 5 is loading, I see such picture:
07.png9. After ~180 sec that long-running task disappears and I see 3 new buttons 
08.png10. If I click 'configure' or 'Free trial' a page opens in a new tab with such error. 

09.png

11. If I go back from that page with an error or refresh Apps page, then the app there no longer. Leaving another 'uninstall' record in a log. 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2020

Hi @Alexey 

Thanks for posting this information.  I can see that while Jira Service Desk is using the Free plan right now, you appear to have Confluence on a standard trial starting July 9, 2020.  I believe that free evaluation trial has now expired as of Sept 9th.

I show your account has not having any credit card on file as well.  While that is not required for a free site, the trial of standard does have an expectation that if you want to continue at that support level, you would have to renew at the $10 a month rate for that product at that user level.

I believe that this lack of payment details, coupled with the outstanding $10 balance due, in turn is causing the failure to install apps in marketplace, even for Jira.  I suggest adding a credit card to the Cloud site account.  You can do this by going to https://my.atlassian.com selecting that site, and choose the Provide Payment Details link.

If you are not looking to continue with Confluence standard, you could change the subscription of that product to use a Free plan or remove it entirely.  You can do that by going to https://admin.atlassian.com selecting your site > Billing > Manage subscriptions.

Try this.  I believe that this is the cause of the problem here.  If the billing details are not correct here then you might also reach out to our customer advocates team by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact and select the Billing/Accounting option.  This will create a case with our support team that can manage billing aspects here.

Let me know the results, or if you run into problems.

Andy

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2020

Thanks, @Andy Heinzer it is done now. The problem was indeed with Payment Details. 

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 18, 2020

I'm guessing that this is/was a problem with Atlassian Marketplace or Confluence Cloud if multiple vendors are/were affected.

You can look for past incidents on their respective status pages:

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

I would contact the vendor of the app and have them look at it. Their contact email on the Marketplace is support@atlasinc.ovh

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2020

Since this problem with different apps, I do not think this issue related to vendor. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events