Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find New user requests in unassigned queue

Brijesh Pathak July 14, 2021

Team,

We have queue called "All Open Tickets" which servicedesk monitors for any new tickets raised by email or via customer portal. any new user request created from portal is not reflecting in this queue.

Queue filter is "project = "IT Service Desk" AND resolution is EMPTY AND "Assignment Group" is EMPTY AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND "Time to resolution" = running() ORDER BY assignee DESC, "Time to resolution" DESC"

How can I get new user requests reflecting in here?

Regards

Brijesh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Brijesh Pathak ,

You have a couple of conditions there that can be causing them to not show up.

If you do a regular search and find one of them, could you verify that

• the SLA "time to resolution" is indeed running?
  • Assignment group is empty?

My bet is on the SLA one but without an example it's hard to guess

Brijesh Pathak July 15, 2021

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply, I have created the test one found that there is an automation which put ticket in pending for "Pending on start date" reason. and SLA is paused. that's why it's not reflecting in the queue.

How can I modify the query I pasted earlier to reflect this new user tickets in same queue?

Regards

Brijesh

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Hey @Brijesh Pathak ,

I think maybe the easiest would be to just add that condition to the query.

Something like (but without knowing your details it's a guess)

"project = "IT Service Desk" AND resolution is EMPTY AND "Assignment Group" is EMPTY AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND ("Time to resolution" = running() OR Status = Pending") ORDER BY assignee DESC, "Time to resolution" DESC"

This would look at either a running SLA or the pending status

Brijesh Pathak July 15, 2021

Hi Dirk,

As a workaround I created seperate queue with following JQL which serves purpose for now.

project = "IT Service Desk" AND resolution is EMPTY AND "Assignment Group" is EMPTY AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes()) AND status = Pending AND "Customer Request Type" = "New User Request (ITSD)" ORDER BY assignee DESC, "Time to resolution" DESC

I will surely try the suggestion you have given above when have time.

Really appreciate your help with this.

Cheers

Brijesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events