Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Company Managed Service Management Project as site admin

joseph_silvey October 8, 2021

Would like to be able to create a Company Managed Service Management Project, but the option isn't there. See screenshot below.

Have tried every project template in Service Management.

The two links below speak of being able to create a company managed project. Where it states how to do it differs from what I can see when choosing a template.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Is-company-managed-to-team-managed-project-migration-an-option/qaq-p/1799631

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/

Regards,

Screenshot 2021-10-08 104125.pngScreenshot 2021-10-08 104742.png

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2021

@joseph_silvey -

As of right now - In JSM, by default all projects are created as "company managed".  However only in Jira Software projects , the system give the option to choose between "company managed" and "team managed" at project creation process.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks for the quick response @Joseph Chung Yin 

As can be seen in the screen shot below, all of our Service Management projects are Team Managed. And as such are unable to share fields and other custom things with any other project.

Is there a reason why?

Screenshot 2021-10-08 122715.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2021

@joseph_silvey -

What JSM Cloud plan are you using?  I would recommend that you file a formal support request to Atlassian Support Team on your issue.  

One other thing for you to check is to find out what is your setup "Global Permissions", if your users are granted with this permission?

2021-10-08_11-33-51.png

In addition, are you a member of the Jira Administrators?  Only Jira Administrators role members can create Company Managed JSM project.

Best, Joseph

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Am Org & Site Administrator which should grant all sub permissions.

Added Jira Aministrator to my account and there was no change. Still am unable to create Company Managed projects in JSM.

Thanks for your help. Will reach out to Atlassian Support.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Hi @joseph_silvey 

The screenshot you pasted here reveals that you are trying to create a team managed project. TMP in a service desk is in early access mode (FYI @Joseph Chung Yin -> read this and enable them here) . However, if you want to create a company manage project you have to be at least a jira admin with the permission to do it. If you are indeed a site admin you should be able to create a CMP. If you are not, you have to ask your admin either to create one for you, or to give you permission to do it yourself.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Thanks @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ for the information on how to enable TMP for JSM.

Best, Joseph

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Thanks for replying.

I am indeed Site Admin. See screenshot. And it's not that I'm trying to create a Team Managed Project, it's that there is no option to choose. It automatically comes up as Team Managed. Have submitted a support request. Will hopefully be able to update this thread later with a solution.Site Admin.png

rbenson April 7, 2022

I too am unable to create a jira service desk company managed project. I am a site and global admin for my jira cloud instance. Did you ever receive a resolution from jira support?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events