Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect custom email account

Jesper Martinsson October 1, 2021

I'm trying to connect a custom google account to jira service management but it fails with a 403 Forbidden GET. 

• In gmail it says that jira is connected to this email address.
  • From Jira->Settings->Products->JIRA SERVICE MANAGEMENT->Email requests abn testing the email returns
    • No problems found with email settings configuration.
      Successfully connected to the specified email server.

If I refresh the page the following note appears:

Retrying in 20 minutes - Email pulling has failed 6 times consecutively (Reason: com.google.api.client.googleapis.json.GoogleJsonResponseException: 403 Forbidden GET https://gmail.googleapis.com/gmail/v1/users/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/messages?maxResults=...

I tried setting this email up several times but with no luck. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

1 answer

3 votes
Tracy Smith October 11, 2021

Hi @Jesper Martinsson - I stumbled on your issue just now as I was having the same problem. I think I just figured it out for me.

Disconnect your Google Account in Jira->Settings->Products->JIRA SERVICE MANAGEMENT->Email requests and then reconnect using the Google button (likely as you did before). Be careful on the screen that allows to enable the different scopes, there was one scope (Read and Compose Email) that was not checked by default.

Selecting that and then continuing worked and I now see Success in the logs.

Kevin Dimond February 1, 2022

@Tracy Smith THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was banging my head against the wall on why this was broken. 

Tracy Smith February 1, 2022

@Kevin Dimond - That's awesome. Glad this helped.

Like Kevin Dimond likes this
petro_zubko September 9, 2022

Had the exact same issue. Thank you, @Tracy Smith

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events