Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to clone attachments to new service request ticket

sdravitzki April 27, 2022

Hi there,

I have created an automation in Jira but am unable to clone the attachments across when creating a Service Request as part of that automation.

I am able to select all the relevant fields to copy from original issue except for the attachments

image.png

I can see that an available action is to delete the attachments, so why can I not see the ability to add or clone attachments?

image.png

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2022

Welcome to the community, @sdravitzki.

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

If you want to clone attachments and are open to work with a Marketplace app, you can try our app Deep Clone for Jira.

With a little workaround, it's also possible to integrate it with Jira Automation or trigger a Deep Clone post-function on a workflow transition.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

@sdravitzki -

Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, the ability to clone attachment within Cloning Issue action is not available to the CLOUD env with Automation for Jira.  It is available for the Data Center/Server env.

As stated in Atlassian's documentation - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/

Clone Issue action - This action will not clone issue links, comments or attachments.

The only other way I can think of is for your to customize your WF (at issue creation time when a cloned issue is created) to fire off a post-function call to copy the attachments from the source issue, and only execute this post-function for issue cloning process and not other new issue creation processes.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events