Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add members to group

Engineering Evan November 22, 2021

I am trying to add 2 users into my "IT Support" group so they can work tickets that come in.

I invite the users and they never get the email to enter that group. They have an Atlassian account and are able to log in to the customer-facing portal (since they are added as customers).

When creating their customer account, they got the verification email. But when trying to add them to the group, they never get the invitation. I have tried to remove them as customers and add them straight into the group, but the email never comes thru either.

Thinking logically, there should be a way for an admin (me) to just invite them without having them to accept the invitation, but I am unable to find such an option.

Since they have customer accounts and are able to see the portal, they have their full names in the Atlassian system. However, when trying to add them to the group, their names come up as half of their email and not first and last.

Capture.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bryan November 22, 2021

When trying to add them to the group, they never get the invitation.

There's something off with your invite. If they aren't getting the invite, then it is not getting sent to the right place or it is getting trapped in their spam filter.

Here is what has worked for me in a similar situation:

1. Make sure they are already logged into their Atlassian accounts in their default browser.
  2. Add them by email to your group and verify it is the same email as in their Atlassian account
  3. If #1 and #2 are done, then they should get the invite and can click to get added.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events