Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add Assignee, the dropdown list is not showing the users who have access to the project

Shruti Sharma May 25, 2021

I have created a Group [Team Assistant Group] and added users to that group. I have then created a Project Role [Team Assistants] and added the group as a default member for that project role.

The project role is then added to the permission scheme associated with the project.

When I try adding a user to Assignee column, I can't find users who are added to the group. I used permission helper and it is saying that the user does not have the 'Assignable User' permission. Also, it says that user is not a member of the Team Assistants project role.

In the permission scheme, I have added the project role to the Assignable User permission.

Can someone please help me with this.

1 answer

0 votes
David Meredith May 25, 2021

Hi @Shruti Sharma ,

I had a similar issue to this before. It was because my provisioning through Atlassian Access uses different groups like 'JSM Agent' to give the license to my agents. So they didn't have the  default Jira ones which are things like 'jira-servicemanagement-users'

I needed to go to Settings > System > Global Permissions

There is a permission for 'Browse users and groups' that the user needs to be in an allowed user / group for.

Hope that works for you!

Cheers,
Dave

Shruti Sharma May 25, 2021

Thanks David for your quick response!

I had added the group to 'Browse users and groups' permission section but still can't see users who are members of the group in Assignee column.

I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events