Unable to Create a Gsuite user

Gustavo Juarez October 27, 2021

We have set up syncing users from Gsuite, but we added a new user in Google Workspace 2 days ago and it has not been synced after, as I mentioned, 2 days. I found this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/issues-faced-by-organisation-admins-while-managing-gsuite-users-1027113708.html

Where you can find the following:

Unable to Create a Gsuite user:
Creating the user on Gsuite and pushing it in one of the groups that are syncing with Atlassian, should provision the user.

However, if an old Deactivated account with the same email address exists in Atlassian's Database and a Google id associated with it. The new user we are trying to push from Gsuite has a Different Google attribute, the account push from Gsuite will fail.

In order to fix this account, we need to:

1. Remove the user from Synced groups in Gsuite
2. Delete the account Associated with email (Contact Atlassian Support for this)
3. Re-add the user to the Gsuite synced groups on Atlassian.
4. A new account will be created for user on Atlassian end.

But id does not apply, because it was a new user.

On top of that we need to add the user to that group because it has de permissions for an add-on.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

@Gustavo Juarez

Here at the company we use Gsuite Integration, however we don't have Atlassian Access.

The integration only works for popularizing Jira with Gsuite users.

Permissions to perform this procedure are usually
- JIRA - user with org permission of the domain
- Gsuite - admin user with user and group reading (no writing required)

When the integration failed, normally I would remove the integration with Gsuite, I would wait a few minutes, then restart the integration setup process, it reuses the same group of "All users from G Suite" to sync.

Gustavo Juarez October 29, 2021

Hey Carlos,

Thank you for taking the time. we've already tried this and it did not work, I was thinking about deleting the account in Jira and moving from Organization in Google, and then start from scratch, but not sure if it will work. ....and potentially lose some data.

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

@Gustavo Juarez Usually just disconnect from the sync wait a while and reconnect again which will work perfectly (it takes a few minutes to sync a base with just over 1,500 users) but normally I do this and review it only the next day (after about 4 automatic syncs)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events