Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to log the initial assignee as the time of triage

David Sunderland March 31, 2023

Hello all, I am trying to log the initial assignee on all tickets that come to my team. 

We have automation rules that are triaging tickets round-robin across my team based on multiple inputs of the initial ticket. I want to capture the initial assignee in a static field called "triaged to" for various performance metrics. I am having a difficult time finding a way to get the current assignee into this field after the automation has assigned the ticket. Has anyone done anything similar or have any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2023

Hello @David Sunderland 

Thanks for your question. What I understand is that you have an automation that automatically assigns issues to an agent. You want that initial assignee recorded in a read-only text field on the issue.

Here are the steps that I would take:

1. Create a read-only text field and assign this to the correct screens
  2. Update the assigning automation by adding the following components
    1. Re-fetch issue data
    2. Edit issue
      1. Choose the read-only field to update
      2. Update with {{assignee.displayName}}

That should put the assignee's name into the read-only text field. 

Is this something you can work with?

David Sunderland April 5, 2023

Thanks @Paul Wiggers! I'm going to try this out and I'll report back if it solves the problem. 

David Sunderland April 5, 2023

Okay, @Paul Wiggers I edited my rules the way you suggested. I created a couple test ticket and I am showing a success message from the audit log but the field "Triaged To" is still not being populated. 

FWIW - this field type is User Picker (single user) and this is a Jira Service Management project. 

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

I would try to make it a text field.

If you want to keep the User picker field, then you have to change the data that you are putting into it. Most likely {{assignee}} should work

David Sunderland April 6, 2023

That did the trick, thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!!!

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

You are welcome, glad it worked out for you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events