Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to link text in article to a heading in same KB article

Erol Kilic June 28, 2021

Hi there, 

I am trying to link a heading in a Knowledge Base article to some text in the same article, so that when a user clicks the link at the top of the page, it will take them to the heading further down on the page. It seems this is possible in Confluence proper but I am having trouble doing this in the knowledge base and customer portal. Does anyone know if this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

Hello @Erol Kilic,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I would like to know if you are using the Table of Contents macro or adding the direct link of the heading (by copying the link).

If it’s the Table of Contents, currently, it doesn’t work on Firefox due to a bug, but it works normally on Chrome, Safari.

If you are using the “Copy link to heading” and adding it at the top of the page, it’s expected that it won’t work on the portal because the URL is different. For more information, please check the feature request ticket below:

If none of the above is the case, please, let us know the steps you are following or macros you are using, so we can test the same here.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Erol Kilic June 29, 2021

Hi Angelica, 

Its the second scenario you have described. I have voted and started watching that ticket. Thanks for your help. 

Cheers

Erol

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events