Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to configure to automate priority assignment in a JSM project

Amardeep Banga June 28, 2022

I have a project where I'm trying to define priority to the a ticket based on Urgency and Impact defined by the user while the ticket is created.

Following this How do I create an impact urgency priority matrix? | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support, however the instructions are not clear and I do not get the same results.

Can someone else explain what I need to do to simply priority definition.

My end goal is to configure SLA on the bases of the priority of the ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

Hi @Amardeep Banga ,

Assuming you have two fields (urgency and impact) and you have established your matrix of how the combination of these translate to priority then you can create a rule to set the priority of issues as they are created. You will use the If/Else action component to set the priority for each matrix row. Basically like below. Please share your rule if you get stuck.

Trigger - issue created

Conditions - as desired if you have conditions where you wish to proceed with the rule actions.

action - If urgency = xxx and impact = yyy then edit issue field priority = Highest

else if urgency = xxx and impact = zzz then edit issue field priority = High

Amardeep Banga June 28, 2022

Thanks for your response Jake, really appreciated :)

I have created new custom fields, however I'm unable to configure the workflow and configure a post function. Hence I'm unable to proceed to the automation part.

I have followed the steps to add a transition in the workflow but unable to see an option to configure a post function.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events