Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble cloning issue from Service project to Software Project

Karen Corbeill June 9, 2022

We have various projects all within the company. I have admin access to everything. For one of our company-managed Service projects, I created an automation rule to clone an issue from the service project to a company-managed software project when a certain label is added to the issue. This works fine.

I recently tried to copy the rule and have it clone an issue into a different, team-managed software project and it doesn't work. I added myself as admin within the second software project, so that shouldn't be a problem. Here's a screenshot of the error I get. Any idea why it works in the first project but not the second?

Screenshot from 2022-06-09 11-42-59.png

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

@Karen Corbeill 

The automation log indicates that the automation stopped at one of the imposed IF conditions.

I would recommend that you review that all automation conditions equally meet the Team Managed project as well as the Company Managed.

If you still experience issues, please share the automation framework here so we can evaluate and replicate the behavior.

Karen Corbeill June 10, 2022

Right. It failed the If block, so it moved onto the Else block, which it passed. You can see this where it says "Else block executed." Since it passed the last condition, I'm not sure why the rule didn't execute.

Here's the framework.

1. Trigger

Screenshot from 2022-06-10 09-13-07.png

2. 1st condition

Screenshot from 2022-06-10 09-13-19.png

2. 2nd condition

Screenshot from 2022-06-10 09-15-51.png

3. Action following 2nd condition (The destination project doesn't have Feature Request as an issue type so this is to convert the clone to a task.)

Screenshot from 2022-06-10 09-16-27.png

4. Else Block

5. Action following Else block

Screenshot from 2022-06-10 09-17-38.png

Hmmm. So I just changed the second action to change the issue type to a Task. While both projects have Bug as a type, for some reason it didn't want to create a clone of that type. Now that it changes the issue type to Task for the clone, it had no problem making the clone. This works fine for me, but I'm still curious why, if both projects have Bug as an issue type, would it not clone the issue due to issue type?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events