Trouble adding customer email to organization

Drew Baird December 28, 2021

A customer who was previously already added to the organization and able to open tickets/comment/etc was randomly taken off and I can no longer add her email back. It says unsuccessfully added when trying. 

Update: This has happened on more than one account and multiple users.

1 answer

1 vote
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Drew Baird. Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are all the users active? Instead of adding them to the customers' page, have you tried adding them through Project Settings > People > Add people and selecting the Service Desk Customers to project role? Also, it would be helpful if you could share a screenshot of the error with us.

Drew Baird December 31, 2021

@Ivan Lima - Thank you for you quick response! All of the user should be active as they were just creating and updating tickets a few short days before I noticed the changes. It's odd that these individuals randomly had their access removed without any changes made on my end. I've noticed this on multiple clients at this point and am having the same issues with adding them back to the project. I also attempted to add these individuals in the 'People' section as Service Desk Customers but it will only allow us to add participants with our company email. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 9.28.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-31 at 9.28.41 AM.png

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021

Thanks for sharing a screenshot; it definitely helps.

#1 -"You can only invite people with avionos.com email addresses. Contact your site admin..."

Your site access configuration allows site admin and trusted users to invite anyone while existing users can only invite new users with approved domain(s). This is a configuration determined by your site administrator. If it wasn't set up this way before, your site admin has likely changed it. You should reach out to your site admin. To learn more about this particular setup, see Specify how users get site access.

#2 - "The following customers could not be added."

Typically, this message pops up when the customer/user is inactive on your site. I found similar posts where an Atlassian team member points out that. In this case, could you please check with your site administrator if the user is active?

I hope that makes sense.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events