Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition current issue post function validation error

Gleb Kartashov February 3, 2022

I'm using JMWE app's Transition current issue post function and it gives me "An error occurred while executing a Transition Current Issue post-function: Validation error while triggering transition [381@@RQ: Default Workflow]: root cause: Validation error"

This transition doesn't have any validators.

In the follow-up transition there's a Set field value post function. When I turn it off (set condition to false) issue transitions fine. In the Set field value post function I'm populating a Multi user picker field. Value is array list of user keys (string). Do I have to use a different value for this? ApplicationUser or maybe string is fine and I need usernames for this field?

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi @Gleb Kartashov ,

the "Validation error while triggering transition" error is a little misleading. Jira doesn't differentiate between errors during validation and errors during execution of the transition.

In your case, it seems that the problem is with one of the post-functions on the triggered transition, which makes the transition fail, hence making the Transition Current Issue post-function fail.

In your Set FIeld Value post-function, check the "expected value" help tab. The values need to be usernames, not user keys. Or of course ApplicationUser objects if you prefer. The reason is two fold:

• when JMWE was created, user keys didn't exist, and when user keys were introduced, they were indistinguishable from usernames and thus we couldn't support both usernames (for existing post-function configurations) and user keys (for new ones).
  • in any case, user keys are exposed nowhere in the Jira user interfaces, whereas usernames are easy to identify (they are used for logging into Jira) so it's easier to user usernames than user keys in pst function configurations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events