Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Walk-up tickets

Mikel Whipple April 23, 2023

We have helpdesk staff in different locations and sometimes the requests are people just walking up, also we consider being contacted via chat a walk-up. I am curious on how best to track these. The request-channel-type is not editable, and I am thinking I could do a simple check box, but I was wondering hpw other JSM admins were handling these types of tickets. 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

@Mikel Whipple -

To supplement @Brant Schroeder suggestion, you can also implement a custom field (i.e. Single select dropdown list) to contain a value to represent "walk-up" related issues by tagging those issues with the value.

In our env, we implemented the custom field (named - "Source"), which we use automation rule on issue creation to auto-populate the field with the related option value.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

@Mikel Whipple -

If our suggestions helped you, please remember to click on the Accept answer button when you have a chance, so others with the similar questions will see this posting as "answered" in the community.

Best, Joseph

2 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2023

@Mikel Whipple 

Components are a great way to track and report on this type of information.  They are project specific and more than one can be applied to an issue if you need to report on additional detail.  

1 vote
Mikel Whipple April 24, 2023

Both are great suggestions, let me think about them both and see which I want to implement. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events