Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Open Issues at the end of each day

Jack Richens June 28, 2024

Hi there, 

This seems like an important metric to track workload.

I would like to chart the amount of Open / In Progress tickets at the end of each day.

This would allow me to see if the ticket queue is going up or down against time.

Is this possible ?

2 answers

0 votes
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 28, 2024

Hello @Jack Richens ,

If you are open to use a marketplace app I can suggest you a solution. Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) ,the oldest and leading "Time in Status" app in Atlassian Marketplace, which is developed by my team at OBSS, has a report type that will meet your need.  Our app is available for both Jira Cloud, and Data Center. 

Timepiece mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or each assignee. If you use the Status Duration report and group the issues by their status, you can see how many issues in your project are in which status. As a bonus, you can also see how much total time they have spent in each status. In the screenshot below you can see the example report I've prepared for you.

Tracking Workload .png

If you want to take this report to another level, you can also add the Assignee field as a group by option and see how much work is being done by each of your assignees. You can add this report to your Jira dashboard and track the results instantly.

Tracking Workload per assignee.png

Visit Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) to explore and enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2024

Hi Jack,

Maybe take a look at the Created vs. Resolved gadget for a dashboard. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events