Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips, tricks or suggestions for certification preparation?

Mark Martinez April 27, 2022

Hello,

Have been tasked with completing the following:

Managing Jira products (ACP-620) within 30 days

Managing Jira Service Projects (ACP-420) within 60 days

Any suggestions on how to prepare for these?  I recently completed Jira Essentials training, and that was helpful.  BTW, I'm new to Atlassian and Jira.

Regards,

~Mark

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

My advice is to read over the Exam Details (ACP-620 in this example) and go through all the material. Go over the sample questions and skill builder courses several times.  Make notes about things you are unfamiliar with, then research the Atlassian documentation on these topics.  These are serious tests, and not like a lot of certifications.  

I advise folks on my team to spend about 4 hours prepping for their first one, then go take the test.  That kind of hammers home the need for prep and also gives you an idea what the test is like in a relatively low stress way.  ie: if you know you are going to fail the test, it becomes an exploration mission. I also pay for their tests, though. :) 

Being new is a good thing and a bad thing.  It's good because you don't have years of experience that you need to ignore in order to play the cert test game.  It's bad, though, because many questions are scenario-based and if you haven't seen that scenario, you may struggle a bit.  This is one big advantage of taking a "throw away" test. You get to see the real questions and then know what your weak areas are for additional studying.  

The Exam Details have enough info in them to pass the test, though.  You just need to do some digging to find the answers.  Note: Only use Atlassian's official documentation as your guide! That's where their answers come from. Good luck!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

@Mark Martinez -

Welcome to the community.  Here are a few links that I recommend you to explore further - 

https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/836769-get-certified

The above link lists out all the major certs paths.

For ACP-620 - Here is the learning path - https://university.atlassian.com/student/collection/850385/path/1062303

For ACP-420 - Here is the learning path - https://university.atlassian.com/student/path/837215-jira-service-project-administrator

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events