Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline view

Ayush Lawania August 31, 2023

I have created a timeline view for a work management project and I want to see timeline for issues i have in 2018 but the last i cn see is upto aug 22

tmp_75ca8f39-88ec-497b-859f-5be19561a014.png

So how can I move this upto year 2018?

Another question is regarding dependency, if we link two subtasks and if I choose to move one task then is it possible to that the linked issues also changes there timeline automatically, like if I move one subtasks then the connected one should move ahead as well, how can I achieve that?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2023

Hello @Ayush Lawania 

Regarding your second question, you would need to use an Automation Rule to update the second task based on a change to the first task.

Automation rules have a limit of calling themselves no more than 10 times, so if there was a chain of more than 10 subtasks after the one you updated, only the first 10 would be updated.

Can you please share the rule?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2023

Are you using the Blocks link between tasks to indicate that one must finish before the next can start?

Yes i tried using blocks link as well but that doesn't work 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2023

Using Blocks links alone is not enough. You need to create a rule that detects a change in the date field where you record end date, then follow the Blocks link to the issue it blocks and update the start and end dates for that issue.

This post discusses a solution for this.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automation-rule-to-calculate-Start-and-Due-date-based-on-linked/qaq-p/2259167

I know there are other posts, and I have such rules in my own environment, but I don't want to rewrite all that information if you can get what you need from the one post above.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events