Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tracking automatically

Ken Loh March 27, 2023

Hello

How do I have the function of time tracking automatically? The purpose is to track total time from issue created to resolved.

Best regards
Ken

2 answers

0 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2023

Hello @Ken Loh 

If you're ok with using third-party add-ons, you can try Time between Statuses (server version) developed by my SaaSJet team.

Знімок екрана 2023-03-29 о 00.13.17.png

Just a few clicks and you will get all the necessary data.

I hope you'll find this info helpful

Best regards,

Valeriia

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Ken Loh 

Through an automation , you could find the diff between these dates and log them.

Also refer to the answer in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-can-I-list-the-difference-between-the-created-date-and/qaq-p/1874959 

Ken Loh March 28, 2023

Thank you. 

There is a text field named "Handling Time" to track all processing time once the issue has resolved, but the value was in milliseconds.

I have created a custom text field "Total Processing Time" to copy the value of "Handling Time" and plan to convert it to hour (divide by 3600000) through automation. May I know how can I write it in JSON format?

Ken

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023
Ken Loh March 29, 2023

Thank you Fazila.

I have tried but got error.

Additional fields:
{
"fields": {
{{#=}}{{issue.KenTest SLA}} / 3600000{{/}}
}
}

Error message:

Error while rendering additional fields.
Unknown unary operator / at character position 1

Ken
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

ah.. you are using it in json. You can directly add the field 'Total Processing Time' in the edit action and in the text box give {{#=}}{{issue.KenTest SLA}} / 3600000{{/}}

Like :

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 09.04.16.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events