Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Response SLA defaulting to 72h regardless of settings

Sarah Kennedy May 18, 2021

I have created SLA's for time to response and time to resolution. All the time to resolution SLA's are being applied correctly, but the time to response SLA seems to be being ignored and sets 72 hours as the default for all issues created.

I've attached two screenshots - in the first you can see the SLA's. The first one should apply specifically to the issue in question, but I created the 2nd as a fallback i.e. no issue that comes in should have a response time greater than 8h if it does not get caught by the first SLA.

The second shot shows the issue with SLA's applied. The Time to resolution SLA is correctly applied, but the Time to Response is 72hScreen Shot 2021-05-18 at 1.20.14 PM.pngissue-shot.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

@Sarah Kennedy 

Greetings and welcome to the community!

Can you confirm the following so that we can have the issue debugged

a) The Issue was created after the SLA rules were updated - because SLAs are not applied to historical issues.

b) You get to see the problematic requests  by providing the same JQL 'Service=level3 AND "SLA Priority" = "Priority 0"' in the issue view   because the way you have your filter for goals might exclude them

Sarah Kennedy May 20, 2021

Hi,

a) Yes, the issue came in after the SLA rules were created. I also attempted to test changing the SLA rules a number of time while the issue was still active (which should have updated them on the active issue), but could not get the time to response to change from 72h

b) Yes, the problematic timing displays int eh issue view (actually, I apply the Service level and Priority levels in the issue view and then refresh to change the SLA timings applied - which works fine for the Time To resolution)

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi Sarah,

I know its a strange issue and it seems that all your configuration are OK.

Can you contact Atlassian Support to debug the issue further - https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal#JIRA

Sarah Kennedy May 20, 2021

Unfortunately I can't - our plan does not allow me to raise a support ticket

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events