Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time is wrong when I export to excel.

Felipe Rodrigo P. P. de Lima September 21, 2021

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.
I'm having a problem in Jira that when I export to excel it comes 3 hours late as you can see in the screenshots, and the request is correct, but when exporting it is wrong.

Hora certa 2021-09-21 092329.pngexcel 2021-09-21 091919.png

My Windows has the correct timezone and all the places in Jira that I found the timezone are also with the correct timezone, but the problem persists.

fusohorario conta atlassian 2021-09-21 091129.pngmeu fusohorario 2021-09-21 085733.pngmeu fusohorario jira 2021-09-21 085917.png

When we order a printout, the wrong time also appears at the bottom of the printout.
Can someone please help us with this problem?
Anyway, thank you very much for your attention.

Rodapé imprimir 2021-09-21 092537.png

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 15, 2021

It's indeed a known bug (with minor severity) and unlikely to get picked up by Atlassian anytime soon.

One of your options to circumvent this is trying Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud. Unlike Jira Cloud for Excel, it's a native Jira Cloud app, working more reliably, without the surprise errors and inconsistencies.

If you care about a more stable solution, you can read more on the 6 differences between JCE and Better Excel Exporter and try the latter for free!

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter Cloud is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Hi @Felipe Rodrigo P. P. de Lima 

Have you check your time config from the general settings?

usertimezone.png

From your export it's obvious that Jira exports in UTC, while your time zone has a three hour difference.

Sorry, I forgot to put this image too. But yes, it is configured for my timezone.Configurações Jira fusohorario 2021-09-21 094024.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

It seems this is a known bug. Vote and watch for any updates https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-272

Thanks for the info, but they've been on it for over a year so I don't think they'll give a quick answer to that.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2021

No, but I don't think that you can do anything else, except manually edit time on excel.

Ok, thank you.

0 votes

Just to complement it, this happens in all cases.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events