cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Tracking Report

Carolann Hess
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 28, 2024

I need a report to view how much time is spent on each ticket per day.  I can see the total in the queue but I need it shown per day to view productivity.  Is there a way to do this without an add on application? 

5 answers

1 vote
Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2024

Hi @Carolann Hess,

As others mentioned in this post, Jira does not have built-in functionality for this. However, you can use Clockwork Automated Time Tracking & Timesheets Free.

With Clockwork Timesheet, you can view the time tracked per user daily. The timesheet provides a clear view of the total time tracked for a user per day and the total time tracked on an issue per day based on a selected date range.

Slack_2UonYa99EX.png

With Clockwork Timesheet, you can also filter the reports by different components, including custom fields, which helps you streamline the report. An additional functionality is viewing only billable hours tracked.

Clockwork has proven to be user-friendly, so you do not need a ton of configurations to make this work. Just install the App and navigate to Timesheet to view your already entered hours.

I will be happy to give you a tour, please reach our here.

1 vote
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2024

Hi @Carolann Hess 

Welcome to the community !!

As mentioned by Joseph, an app can help you get this data. If you would be interested in the same , you can try the add-on we have developed. You can easily view time entries for multiple issues day wise grouped by assignees in a single view. 

Worklogs Time Tracking & Timesheets

The app allows to filter/Categorize/Group By your worklogs data and a timesheet view too to track individual time spent. 

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

Worklogs-Author-New.PNG

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 29, 2024

Hi @Carolann Hess

You can try  Status Time Reports Free app developed by our team. It is completely free and the limited version of Status Time Reports app.

This app mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status. It also has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as cycle time and lead time, time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, resolution time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app. For your case, you can have a look at Time in Status for Each Issue report.

For further details, you can have a look at Status Time Reports How to Videos.

App Features:

• You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

If you have any questions, feel free to schedule a demo with us.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 29, 2024

Hello @Carolann Hess ,

Welcome to the community!

I understand you are not looking for an add on right now, however there is no built in solution in Jira for this. So in order to track the time spent on each ticket per day I suggest you use a marketplace app. Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) ,the oldest and leading "Time in Status" app in Atlassian Marketplace, which is developed by my team at OBSS, has a report type that will meet your need.  Our app is available for both Jira Cloud, and Data Center. 

Status Duration per Time-Period Report is a two level report that lists each issue in a row with status names and time-period names as columns and the time that issue on that status in that time-period as column values. 

The Time-Period can be configured as a Year, Quarter, Month, Week or Day.

This report is similar to Status Duration(Time in Status) report but instead of showing the status time as a single value, it shows that duration divided into time-periods. Please see the screenshots above.

Status Duration per Time Period dropdown.png

Status Duration per Time Period day.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

Timepiece reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts. And the app has a REST API so you can get the reports from Jira UI or via REST. Also you can export the reports in to various formats (xlsx, csv etc.) easily. 

Visit Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) to explore how our JIRA add-on can revolutionize your metrics measurement process. Enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2024

@Carolann Hess -

Based on my understanding, it is not possible out of the box without an third party add-on from Atlassian Marketplace.

However, you can enable time tracking for your JSM project (using the same basics element as for Jira Software projects), once configured, you will need to implement the process for all agents (who is handling the issues filed by customers) to log time spents against the issues on a scheduled basis.  Afterward, you can pull the time spent information using JQL search.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-time-tracking/

For possible Atlassian Marketplace apps - here is one that I know where it is used by many users - 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6572/tempo-timesheets-time-tracking-reports?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Here is a link where you can check to see other add-ons too for "Time Tracking" functionality -

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/app/jira-service-management/cloud-fortified?hosting=cloud&moreFilters=vendorSupported&query=time%20tracking

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events