Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time SLA breached

Jerry O'Sullivan August 26, 2022

Hi

Is there any magic JQL to find out the time a ticket breached it's SLA?

I am keen to understand what windows of time we are missing SLA

Thanks

J

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jerry O'Sullivan September 2, 2022

This is how I solved it

• Created an automation to update 2 fields when a breach occurs
    • Day
    • Hour
  • Extracted old breached issues and worked out their breach day and hour in Excel, imported these with the issue-key for force an update on the existing records into thew new custom fields
  • Created dashboards showing hotspots of days/hours
1 vote
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2022

Hi, @Jerry O_Sullivan 

Unfortunately, I don't know any magic JQL to get the specific time the breach occured, the only option that could help here, as I see, may be to install an additional SLA plugin that allows monitoring the time a ticket breached it's SLA.

I can recommend to try SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on, where you can monitor it on the Main Page's grid:

details.png 

Is it what you need?

And let me know if you need more information or some help. As this add-on was created by my team, and we will be glad to tell you more how to work with SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on, or conduct a demo call for you.

Have an amazing day!

Regards,
Olha

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Jerry O_Sullivan 

Use the below guide to find the issues 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/using-jql-queries-specific-to-slas-939926424.html

Example

"Time to first response" = breached()

Thanks,
Pramodh

Jerry O'Sullivan August 26, 2022

Thanks @Pramodh M  I am looking to find the exact time the SLA was breached...e.g 20:08. Is this possible?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

For a specific time, it does not work that way.

breached or not breached, that's all

Jerry O'Sullivan August 29, 2022

Thanks is there anyway to get the specific time the breach occured?

Like Wendy Barrington likes this
Marc Isikoff October 26, 2023

Yes, you need a custom date field and automation to set that to 'now' when there is a breach.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events