Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tickets marked as Archive/Not Required are displayed under backlog in JIRA

Hi all,

Scenario: We, as a team came up with 30 user stories at the beginning of the sprint. But as we proceeded through the sprint, about 8 tickets were thought to be unnecessary and/or irrelevant. So, I created a column  "Archive/Not required" in the JIRA board. We moved these 8 tickets to "Archive/Not required".

Problem: Once the sprint was completed, these 8 tickets are being listed in backlogs. 

These are the tickets that we don't have to and don't want to work on. How do I get rid of them from "Backlogs". But I don't want to delete them, in case I want to work in the later sprints.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

Hi @Pallavi Patnaik,

This is because you are not setting a value in the resolution field when you move tickets to that status. When there is no resolution on a ticket, Jira considers those as open issues and because of that still shows them in your backlog.

Make sure that in your workflow you set a resolution automatically or require the user to add a resolution through a transition screen. 

Hi @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ ,

Thank you for the reply!

What do you mean by I have to set a resolution? Please refer to the screenshot for the transitions that I have applied. Board.png

Best regards,

Pallavi Patnaik 

Hi @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ 

Could you please reply?

Thanks in advance !

Best regards,

Pallavi Patnaik 

Daniel Ebers Community Leader May 02, 2021

As far as I understood "Archive/Not required" status should be of type "done" but not of type "in Progress". Current setup causes them indeed going back to backlog.

Using this article you should be able to fix your workflow:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/New-Features-Additional-Done-Statuses-Map-Multiple-Statuses-per/ba-p/1638591

Since March it is possible to have more than "done" status.

However please keep the following in mind:

If you’re running sprints, please map your Done statuses to the last column.

Steps 5.) + 6.) of the linked tutorial highly match your use case/scenario. Please try to adjust settings according to this guide - it should help achieving a setup just like you described and wish to have.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

852 views 30 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you