Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Ticket not got generated

Edited

Hello,

In our organization, all our support mails are routed to JSM Id so the ticket gets generate and hence respective engineer starts working on same.

Today we got the case where the ticket was not generated this happened when the user informed us but don't know up till now how many tickets has been missed.

Attaching the screenshot for reference.

784309e0-081f-4783-8579-c3736df8470f.png

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 15, 2021

the image indicates that the user is inactive. have you checked/corrected this? if you are using a custom email you can log into the account and find all emails from that user and mark those that failed as unread for reprocessing.

Hi,

We have many users coming in and going out how to tackle current user is not active  issue?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 16, 2021

What do you mean by coming and going? Agents can, if configured to do so, add customers. The admin must verify the customer is active if there are issues. You can also make your project public if that is desired which allows anyone to create an issue. 

did you check to see if this particular customer was active or not?

Hello,

Thank the user was inactive hence ticket was not getting generated.

How i can avoid such things or is there a time frame when user goes in inactive state?

First to be clear there are two different types of users in JSM: Customers and agents. In this case I think we are dealing with a customer. Regardless no users will automatically go inactive Once they are created. An admin must disable them to make them inactive. It could be in your case that that customer attempting to create a ticket has not yet been created as a customer and given access to the project.

Few questions anyone who creates a request on the portal for the first time will be treated as a customer, right?
and once the Id is customer it should stay there till we remove it, right?
let me know if I understand it correctly?

Yes that is correct. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,610 views 20 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you