Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket not got generated

Nachiket N Shisatkar December 15, 2021

Hello,

In our organization, all our support mails are routed to JSM Id so the ticket gets generate and hence respective engineer starts working on same.

Today we got the case where the ticket was not generated this happened when the user informed us but don't know up till now how many tickets has been missed.

Attaching the screenshot for reference.

784309e0-081f-4783-8579-c3736df8470f.png

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

the image indicates that the user is inactive. have you checked/corrected this? if you are using a custom email you can log into the account and find all emails from that user and mark those that failed as unread for reprocessing.

Nachiket N Shisatkar December 16, 2021

Hi,

We have many users coming in and going out how to tackle current user is not active  issue?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

What do you mean by coming and going? Agents can, if configured to do so, add customers. The admin must verify the customer is active if there are issues. You can also make your project public if that is desired which allows anyone to create an issue. 

did you check to see if this particular customer was active or not?

Hello,

Thank the user was inactive hence ticket was not getting generated.

How i can avoid such things or is there a time frame when user goes in inactive state?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

First to be clear there are two different types of users in JSM: Customers and agents. In this case I think we are dealing with a customer. Regardless no users will automatically go inactive Once they are created. An admin must disable them to make them inactive. It could be in your case that that customer attempting to create a ticket has not yet been created as a customer and given access to the project.

Few questions anyone who creates a request on the portal for the first time will be treated as a customer, right?
and once the Id is customer it should stay there till we remove it, right?
let me know if I understand it correctly?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

Yes that is correct. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events