Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket/card change based upon customer comment

Liam Whatling June 28, 2024

We'd like to be able to cause a change to the cards on the helpdesk Board we use whenever a customer make a comment i.e. emails onto a ticket.

Is it possible for this to be done? I understand there is the notification bell in the top right and emails into inboxes to tell us a customer has emailed. However, we work primarily from the JIRA board and try to use emails mainly for internal comms. So being able to have a card change in some way when a customer replies would be very helpful.

I've looked at using the card colours and JQL to try and change the card colours, but i don't know if my knowledge is to limited or if it just can't be done.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Lisa Forstberg LN Forstberg AB June 28, 2024

Hi Liam. 

I see what you are looking for  - keep an eye on the tickets last commented by a customer to catch those you need to reply to. 

The Jira cloud JQL functions are limited in this area. Scriptrunner addon gives us more JQL functions but they cannot be used in setting card colours.

I think perhaps what you need to do is working on automations to set a custom field to certain values based on comment actions, and then use this field to trigger your card behaviour.

Here are some inspiration: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Any-way-to-search-for-last-comment-made-by-customer-in-a/qaq-p/2235435

best of luck!

/L

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events