Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket automatically unresolving itself when a new note is added

Jack Reynolds
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

Hello,
We are using the Jira Service Management for our IT helpdesk, we have recently created this and starting using it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge how to set so that say if a ticket is sorted and then set to resolve, if the client then adds a note to the ticket later on down the line it will automatically set back to waiting for support rather than just stay as resolved?
Many Thanks
Jack

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024

Hi @Jack Reynolds , welcome to the community. When you indicate "resolved" is that the status of the issue or are you referring to the resolution field? I suspect it is a former, but want to be sure. Now if you are simply wanting to re-open an issue when the customer comments on an issue that is in the resolved status, then there is a rule in automation templates you can use for this specific case. If you go into the automation section under project settings and click on templates, you can search for reopen and you should find it. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events