Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Duration - Jira for Google Sheets

Nicolò Vitelli October 12, 2021

Hi, I installed the Jira for Google Sheets add-on to copy my Tickets to a Google Sheet.

There are the Summary, Ticket ID, Assignee, Reporter, and the other interesting fields.

But, I wanna know how to include a Column that shows the Ticket Duration (from when they have been opened to when they have been closed)

Is this possible? Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Hi @Nicolò Vitelli

As Jack already told you, this can be done manually, since there isn't such a field by default in Jira. And for a good reason, since there are many parameters to think about, such as time in statuses, closed and re-opened etc.

Of course you could do the calculation manually, but I'm the number you will get will not represent the precise amount if time that the issue was opened.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

To achieve that you would have to do some math in Sheets using the created date and resolution date.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events