Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on creating a secondary JSM product to store an external customer portal?

Katelyn Carriker June 6, 2024
For context, I am my companies Application Administrator / Atlassian Admin. We have recently migrated to Cloud. We have 5 customer support portals (JSM projects) that are all configured for my companies internal employees to submit helpdesk tickets
We have decided we would like to create a new JSM project, but this one is for the companies who do business with us (external).
Our concerns are anonymous account creation/submission of tickets and how we would effectively manage these external customer accounts once created
We are interested in the possibility of purchasing another JSM product to house this new external customer portal, so it is managed away from our 5 internal portals. I'm looking for information from anyone who has done something similar, and their experiences with it.

1 answer

1 vote
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2024

I'm currently implementing what you're describing. We wanted to completely separate our internal users from external customers. So we've added a new Jira site to our Atlassian org with a new JSM subscription. We're restricting creation of portal accounts to specific domains, and allowing the customers to create their accounts.

Katelyn Carriker June 7, 2024

Thank you for your feedback, Connor! I appreciate your insight. Our Atlassian account manger has gotten back with me, and also confirmed this would do exactly what we want/need, and apparently this is common for companies/businesses to do. 

Once I get more information on what this looks like, I will be sure to update it here, for anyone else looking for details about something like this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events