Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Users Atlassian Account Has Been Disabled - Free Jira Cloud Instance

Madeleine Tierney September 15, 2020

I am using a free Jira cloud instance, in which one of my users has been randomly disabled. The error message reads "This users Atlassian account has been disabled. Contact the users administrator to enable the account." I hold the administrator role, yet don't see the ability within the User Management --> User section to do anything.

I've read other community articles noting a similar issue, like the one here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/This-user-s-Atlassian-account-has-been-disabled/qaq-p/1070203 - however I don't see any options in the managed account section to re-enable the user either. 

Any guidance is much appreciated! Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

Hi Madeleine, welcome to the Community. Can you provide a screenshot of what you see when you go to the admin > User management screen and locate the user?

Hi Jack - Thanks for jumping in! Here's what I'm seeing. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 12.36.59 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

thanks I was really looking for previous screen but that is fine. Are you able to toggle Jira SW back on in this screen? Assume that is the app you wish them to have access to. Or Click on the ellipses in the upper right - what options?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2020

p.s. just as a bit of an intro to Community process, you should reserve clicking "Accept answer" until someone gives you the answer that addresses your question as completely as possible. Once accepted it help future searchers (or that is the intention).

Like Madeleine Tierney likes this

Not able to toggle SW switch back on - showing a grey'd out option there. For options within the ellipses, I see the options in the screenshot attached. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 12.45.55 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2020

Can you check the main user management screen? i’m interested in the total number of users you have in the status of all users. 

4 active users with site access (1 as admin, me); 1 that intentionally has no site access; 1 "account disabled" (issue discussing here)

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 12.55.04 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2020

I’m mobile at the moment but it appears to me that you have 5 users active which is the limit. 

When I go to billing, it seems I have 4 active users with a max of 10Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 1.39.01 PM.png

Additionally, I just tried to remove the disabled user, and was able to do so successfully. However, if I go to try to re-invite her using the same original email, it is still flagging the account as disabled. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2020

I will get back to this ASAP but likely tomorrow. 

Sounds great - really appreciate the help so far!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2020

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. first i spoke incorrectly about the limit of users in Free. it is 10, my bad. Now, I'm a bit concerned that you removed the user as I have seen it problematic to add the same email back in. Can you go to advanced JQL search and enter the following - assignee = xxx where xxx is the user in question here. does that user name show up by any chance? Do you know that they were assigned issues previously? If so it would be good to try to find an example and see if they still show in the assignee.

Madeleine Tierney September 17, 2020

Hi Jack - I cannot see any assigned issues, or see that user name when I use the JQL search query - assignee = [user]. They were never previously able to have issues assigned to them, as the issue with access being revoked was the first issue we ran into. Does this provide any clarity?

Sharif Omar October 28, 2021

Hi

Did you ever get a resolution for this issue? I am curious to find out how you got past it as I have the same issue.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events