Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The field "labels" is hidden when the status is DONE

Michele Pinto March 23, 2023

Hello,

Basically, on one Jira project, we have the field labels into each ticket and it’s visible: all good.

The problem is that when the ticket is moved to the status DONE, the field labels disappears it's only shown in case there is at least a label.

The interesting thing is that it doesn’t happen on other projects we have.

This is a blocker for automation I would like to add (add a label from status X to DONE).

Any idea where should I look?

Thanks,

Michele

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Michele Pinto,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In the project that you see this behavior, do you have an automation that clears out the labels field? Or a post function in the workflow that clears it out? If you check on a request that is in the Done status, is the Labels field shown under Additional fields on the right? 

Ciao Mikael,

thanks for your support.

I'm not aware of any automation that clears out the labels field, nor a post function in the workflow that clears it out.

Consider that the labels are there in case I have a label set, the problem is that the field labels disappears if I have no labels set before moving the ticket to DONE.

Before:

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 09.27.49.png

Later:

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 09.28.40.png

Also, as you can see, the Labels field is not shown under Additional fields on the right.

Thanks again,

Michele

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Go and check the issue layout and see if the Labels field is listed under Context fields and not below the Hide when empty line.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 10.59.59 AM.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

You can also use the Find my field function under the three-dot menu to see what is making the labels field to be hidden.

It is in Context fields, indeed when it's empty and the status is not DONE, it's visible.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 19.01.34.png

This is the output of the Find my field function:

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 19.05.39.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

Do you happen to have a workflow property on the done status that prevent editing? 

Hey Mikael,

yes, the property jira.permission.edit.group=jira-administrators.

And I can confirm that was the root cause of my issue!

Thanks,

Michele

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders