Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textbox (read only)

Susann Petzold November 4, 2021

Hi all, 

is it possible to create a read only textbox in a portal request? 

Just want to write some information within the request. But I dont want to insert a message box for the users. 

Whatever I picked within the custom fields, didnt work so far. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Susann Petzold,

You could use the Request form description and Request form help and instructions at the top of the form for that purpose, as you can see here:

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 18.32.48.png

Probably later this year Jira Forms will become available (used to be ProForma, but was acquired by Atlassian), where you will most likely be able to freely add text to forms.

Hope this helps! 

Susann Petzold November 10, 2021

There seems to be an add on called proforma, which is able to manage portal sites like word documents. 

I will give it a try once I've found it. I've seen it in a jira session :) 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi @Susann Petzold ,

Yes, that is exactly what I was referring to. Atlassian is currently incorporating the app in JSM out of the box.

Susann Petzold November 10, 2021

@Walter Buggenhout 

Sorry, not sure why I overread this, of course, youve already mentioned that :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events