Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text formatting number list doesn't work properly in Jira Cloud

aniu September 15, 2021

Hello there, 

I created instructions with shell scripts, then pasted the instructions in Jira (running on my own server). In the scripts, I used # to create number list. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 3.09.12 PM.png

But it doesn't work anymore after migrated Jira cloud.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 3.13.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-15 at 3.13.34 PM.png

Please advise how it ca be fixed.

Thanks, 

Arthur

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

@aniu -

Your syntax looks right (using wiki markups style).  Can you check to see if you are viewing the field in the "Visual" mode and not in the "Text" mode?

2021-09-15_12-39-47.png

NOTE - We are on Jira/JSM DC env.  In the CLOUD env, I believe if you are using the new issue view to view the issue, your code should automatically display the content in the numbered list and not the wiki markup (as the above options are not available in the CLOUD env).  When you are editing the issue, then it will display the content with the markup syntax.

I would recommend you also file a support request directly with Atlassian Support for further support/assistance.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

aniu September 15, 2021

Thanks Joseph.
I am using cloud version, and the visual/text option is not available. I will open support ticket to Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events