Text Formatting in Jira request form

Swaroop Kumar April 6, 2023

Hi Team, 

Could you please help me on the following points? Sorry for the multiple questions.

1. I was able to embed a hyperlink in a request form, but the link shows up in black color and neither highlights the text with a line. How can I change the hyperlink to appear in different color (may be blue or red)
  2. How to add images to a request form
  3. Is there a way I can include another "instructions" field excluding the one shown at the top of the form?

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Kumar 

1- Hyperlink to which field? Description?

hyperlink.png

2- To add images, add attachment field to screen from Project Settings -> Request Types -> Edit Fields -> Fields -> Add Field -> Attachment.

3- In screen 2, there is a Field Help section that you can configure for each field.

fieldhelp.png

Swaroop Kumar April 6, 2023

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz 

I was able to figure out of the answer for the first question. 

For the second question, I should've elaborated it more (my bad). So, in the instructions field I made some points to explain about the request form, but I'd also like to add an image in the instructions field to make it more clear. Is this possible?

For 3- I do not see a "Field Help Section" on my request form. 

jira.PNG

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

2 - I do not think that you can add image. But it is possible to use wiki markup

Ex; you can add URL.

[Atlassian|https://www.atlassian.com]

3-  Project Settings -> Request Types -> Edit Fields -> Fields

Swaroop Kumar April 19, 2023

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz 

I do not see "Edit Fields -> Fields" under Request Types. I'm using Jira clour and not on-prem, if that makes any difference.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

In request form, each field has description. (Cloud)

form.png

Swaroop Kumar April 20, 2023

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz 

I tried using the description field you mentioned, but it turns out that this field will also enable a text box for users to enter notes. I'd like a field similar to Instructions to outline additional instructions at a second part of the form.

Snippet.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events