Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging Service agents by Customers

Ellie March 25, 2024

Hey Team, 

We've found out that our customers are unable to tag our internal team / Jira Service Management Agents. We are able to tag them via @ but they are unable to tag us back which means some of the team are missing notifications. 

How can we change this? Seems like a automation maybe a bit heavy for this task. 

TIA! 

Ellie 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Hello @Ellie 

Are your customers trying to tag people who are not assigned to the ticket or with whom the ticket is not shared (request participants) or who are not Watchers on the tickets?

If they are only mentioning people who are assigned to the ticket or with whom the ticket is shared then those notifications can be controlled through the Notification Scheme and Customer Notifications.

If your customers are tagging agents not associated with the ticket, I would have to ask why?

Ellie March 26, 2024

Ah that makes sense. So the reason why our customers are tagging outside of what you've said above, is they are tagging the Service Desk Manager (me) to ask questions / approve. I do not watch all the tickets (over 400 in the system) and the team are assigned to it. 

It doesn't seem though even as a customer, I can @ a team member assigned to the ticket? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2024

I think customers can only mention the people with whom the issue is shared (Request Participants), but I haven't experimented with it very much.

You may find @Jack Brickey 's response on this other post helpful.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Who-can-customers-mention-in-JSM-customer-portal-help-center/qaq-p/2015327

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events