Tag user to VIP when ticket is submitted

Gary Quay July 13, 2021

Hi all , 

I am trying to see if we can auto catagorise a user as VIP with certain SLAs rules and watcher when ticket was raised by a VIP user , is that possible 

2 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

You could certainly add a VIP label or set a VIP custom field to true based upon the reporter. This coul be done within automation something like this…

trigger - Issue created 

conditions - JQL - reporter in (vip group)

action - edit labels field

you will note I use the VIP group in the JQL above. If you have only a couple of VIPs you could just list them directly and not worry with creating a group.

Like Grant likes this
Gary Quay July 13, 2021

thanks man , do you have the smart value for the reporter in (vip group) was not able to find it 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Did you reference this article - smart-values-users 

note you continue to reference VIP user. I am assuming that is something subjective in your world as I am not familiar with any user property.

Gary Quay July 20, 2021

Thanks have got it working :)

gjbedi September 27, 2023

Quick Question:

The above steps are really good for Static list.

What about the dynamic?

Dawn Lowery July 27, 2021

Is there a way to get a custom field (ex VIP User) to be checked based on a person's group membership?  I have a group with 10 executives and I want a custom field to be checked automatically so that agents see whether a requestor is a VIP or not on requests.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2021

You could use Automation for this. 

trigger - issue created

condition- JQL - reporter in membersOf("xxxxxx")

action - edit issue and set custom field or label for VIP

Like Dawn Lowery likes this
Dawn Lowery July 27, 2021

Thanks, I am going to look at the action and see if I can get this to work.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events