Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP ports used on Insight discovery

Jason Chan August 31, 2022

Hi, 

I have a problem when trying to scan a PC on the same subnet, it said, "No working credential for IP ADDRESS", tried to test with the program and it said, "Cannot connect with credentials". 

But the credential is valid and works if I'm trying to scan the local machine. 

According to the documentation , insight discovery is using the WMI for credential, any chance that the Windows firewall rule blocked it? What services and ports have to be opened to make it work?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Gustavo Delazari Borges
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2022

Hi Jason,

In our organization we have been using Discovery to scan Windows machines, and the used port for that is 135. According to your error message, I think it's a good idea to check if the credentials you are using to connect have administrator privileges on your servers. I remember I had some issues related to it during our tests.

Let me know if you need further help.

Jason Chan September 5, 2022

Hi Gustavo,

I can confirm that the credential is working with administrative privileges. TCP port 135 and 5985 are opened on one of our testing machine Windows firewall. But it still saying "No working credential". 

Gustavo Delazari Borges
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Hi Jason,

In Discovery settings (if you are hosting it in a Windows server), where you store your credentials, you can test them trough the tab "Credentials" using the button "Test". Have you tried this in order to validate those credentials with your servers?

If you still can't establish a connection, try to inform the domain before the user (domain/user) on the "Credentials" tab. 

Jason Chan September 20, 2022

Hi @Gustavo Delazari Borges

What kind of access do I need for the server to upload the collected data to the Jira Cloud? Does my server need internet access to upload?

Thanks

Jason

Gustavo Delazari Borges
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2022

Hi @Jason Chan 

We have been using Jira Data Center with Insight, so I am not sure how Cloud works.

I have found this documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/export-data-from-insight-discovery-to-insight-cloud/

I hope it might help you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events