Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

System Field: Description context information not visible when creating Issue through the JSMPortal

Edited

Hello all,

while inserting a default text in the Description field through the System Field->Description->Context. This default text is visible when creating the Issue through Jira internally, but it is not visible when trying to create the issue through the portal.

I gave the option in the edit menu to show this Context in all the issues in all the projext, just in case I was missing something. Also the screens are covered.

Thank you for your input,

Cheers!

1 answer

Hi @Miguel Gracia 

Text added in field context will not show in customer portal view. 

To display in customer portal, for required project, go to Project Settings --> Request Type, click Edit field for each request forms add the required text in Field help. 

image.png

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

The "Field help" inserts this information as a "footer" of the field in the Customer portal view. What I am looking for is that in will appear within the Description field as a template to be filled. Similar as many custom fields but within the Description field.

Thanks

This cannot be done by Jira default. I am not sure if there is any plugin. 

Please note: Once the value for field is added and ticket is created, you cannot modify the field values from customer portal. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

148 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you