Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Field: Description context information not visible when creating Issue through the JSMPortal

MG June 1, 2022

Hello all,

while inserting a default text in the Description field through the System Field->Description->Context. This default text is visible when creating the Issue through Jira internally, but it is not visible when trying to create the issue through the portal.

I gave the option in the edit menu to show this Context in all the issues in all the projext, just in case I was missing something. Also the screens are covered.

Thank you for your input,

Cheers!

1 answer

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @MG 

Text added in field context will not show in customer portal view. 

To display in customer portal, for required project, go to Project Settings --> Request Type, click Edit field for each request forms add the required text in Field help. 

image.png

MG June 1, 2022

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

The "Field help" inserts this information as a "footer" of the field in the Customer portal view. What I am looking for is that in will appear within the Description field as a template to be filled. Similar as many custom fields but within the Description field.

Thanks

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

This cannot be done by Jira default. I am not sure if there is any plugin. 

Please note: Once the value for field is added and ticket is created, you cannot modify the field values from customer portal. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events