Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync jira issues with Mongo db

Uday Kumar KR May 20, 2021

We need to sync jira issues to mongodb which is deployed on AWS cloud. Is there any plugin or opensource tool which takes care of synching the jira issues into mongo db.

We need both one time sync as well as realtime updates to jira issues to be synced to mongo db

2 answers

0 votes
mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2021

I am already doing very similar things in my addon and I have code for

• Fetching issues
  • ML (NLP) on the issues
  • doing all of it in memory
  • doing all of it on MongoDB

I don't yet fully understand how your ML model operates.

• Do you really need (a) all tickets of a project for your ML model, or is it good enough to (b) run your model on a subset?
  • What I do for document similarity (not classification): (1) Prefetch a "good enough" subset which I find via REST/JQL and hold it in memory; (2) Train my model in memory; (3) output results + store results as JIRA entity properties
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

I'm not aware of an app that will do that directly.

As a good consultant though, I have to ask why?  Why are you duplicating data into another system?

Uday Kumar KR May 21, 2021

Hi Nic Brough _Adaptavist_,

Thanks for your question.

We have a usecase to classify the jira issues based on the type of product related problems. Hence we have to load jira data (issue name, description, comments etc.,) into a mongodb where we can take it out and give it to ML job to classify the ticket.

Hope you undestood the requirement.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Ok, but why are you not doing this "classification" in Jira?  A simple label or dedicated custom field will allow you to classify and report on classified issues in Jira without having to do all the coding and processing to build and maintain redundant (and obsolete) duplicate data sets.

Uday Kumar KR May 21, 2021

We have thousands of tickets already created and they have not been analysed by human.

Each ticket has 100's of comments (business analysts, product manager, technical leads) added by different teams in the organization.

You can't expect human to go through each comment and add label.

We want to automate this process with machine learning algorithms for classification models we already have in place. 

We want let system update JIRA ticket with the proper label based on the classification derives from ML Job.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2021

You don't need to duplicate it all redundently to do that.   A simple REST call can look at an issue, and a second one add your classification to it after your expert system has had a look.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events