Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sync jira issues with Mongo db

We need to sync jira issues to mongodb which is deployed on AWS cloud. Is there any plugin or opensource tool which takes care of synching the jira issues into mongo db.

We need both one time sync as well as realtime updates to jira issues to be synced to mongo db

2 answers

0 votes

I'm not aware of an app that will do that directly.

As a good consultant though, I have to ask why?  Why are you duplicating data into another system?

Hi Nic Brough _Adaptavist_,

Thanks for your question.

We have a usecase to classify the jira issues based on the type of product related problems. Hence we have to load jira data (issue name, description, comments etc.,) into a mongodb where we can take it out and give it to ML job to classify the ticket.

Hope you undestood the requirement.

Ok, but why are you not doing this "classification" in Jira?  A simple label or dedicated custom field will allow you to classify and report on classified issues in Jira without having to do all the coding and processing to build and maintain redundant (and obsolete) duplicate data sets.

We have thousands of tickets already created and they have not been analysed by human.

Each ticket has 100's of comments (business analysts, product manager, technical leads) added by different teams in the organization.

You can't expect human to go through each comment and add label.

We want to automate this process with machine learning algorithms for classification models we already have in place. 

We want let system update JIRA ticket with the proper label based on the classification derives from ML Job.

You don't need to duplicate it all redundently to do that.   A simple REST call can look at an issue, and a second one add your classification to it after your expert system has had a look.

I am already doing very similar things in my addon and I have code for

• Fetching issues
  • ML (NLP) on the issues
  • doing all of it in memory
  • doing all of it on MongoDB

I don't yet fully understand how your ML model operates.

• Do you really need (a) all tickets of a project for your ML model, or is it good enough to (b) run your model on a subset?
  • What I do for document similarity (not classification): (1) Prefetch a "good enough" subset which I find via REST/JQL and hold it in memory; (2) Train my model in memory; (3) output results + store results as JIRA entity properties

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

400 views 23 14
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you