Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync comments between Service Management and Software

Daniel Roig April 30, 2021

We have Jira Software and Jira Service Management. I currently have an automation configured where if someone opens a ticket via our helpdesk portal to report a software bug it will open a ticket in Jira Software and Link to the two tickets together. 

When we're trying to do now is sync the comments between the two tickets. So if someone adds a comment to the ticket in Jira Software can it automatically update the JSM ticket with the same comment the Software developer entered in the Jira Software ticket and vice versa. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Hello @Daniel Roig,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

It’s possible to use an automation rule to copy the comments from the linked tickets.

I just tested here and it works. When a comment is added on the Jira Software ticket, it will add a comment to Jira Service Management ticket and vice versa.

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 16.30.18.png

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Richard Scholtes April 30, 2021

yes, just build a global automation rule that does exactly that step by step. It is almost self-explanatory.

Choose "comment is created" as a trigger and afterwards a condition "linked issue" that shrinks the possible triggers to the related tickets you create with your other rule and choose "create comment" as the action and enter this in the text field {{comment.body}}

This will copy the last comment of the body of the related ticket to the ticket.

Daniel Roig April 30, 2021

I tried this and all it does and add the same comment to the existing ticket. It doesnt copy the comment over to the linked issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events