cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly getting automated emails notifying me of issues being created

Jonathan Hou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2022

I am an admin for JIRA and one Service Project that I own. Ever since I set up some automation rules for my project, i've been getting automated emails that issues were created on other projects that I've never worked on. 

I cannot find my email in any of the automation rules on those projects. How can I stop the automated emails except for the ones for my project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi Jonathan,

The most likely cause of this is that your automation is running on other projects as well. If you set this up as a global automation rule it will run on all projects. Then when issues get created in those other projects then you were getting notified of those actions because you are in a roll or group that is set up to receive notifications. I would start by looking at your automation rule to ensure that it is only associated with the project you desire.

Jonathan Hou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2022

Yes this is exactly what happened, it was in the global automation rules. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events