Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Subscriptions - Custom field

We need to send out a subscription to users of a custom field. I was wondering what everyone uses to do this? 

2 answers

0 votes

What exactly do you mean by "users of a custom field"?  What type of field is it, and how are people using it?

I have a query that is looking for a date. If the date is within 7 days, I need to be able to send out a notice to the custom field user. 

IF "Version Release Date" <= -7d 

THEN send a reminder email to "Version Product Owner" (User Picker (single user) custom field) that they need to update the record.

I have my filter query but having some issues getting the user from the issue custom field to send the subscription or another way.

Hello @gail_kay 

If I am getting your question, Do you want to send the email notifications to the users for any particular custom field populated?

If yes, you need to pull out the data first with the help of JQL and then save the filters and add the subscription to it.

Let me know if this ans your query.

Thanks

Asha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

117 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you